January 2011 AllGenTransAms Member Feature
Year: 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am
AllGenTransAms Member: mmfryar
Location: Tiftonia, Georgia.
1. What Year and Model is your car? How many miles?
1979 10th anniversary....80,000 miles
2. What was it that made you choose that model Pontiac?
I have owned a Trans Am of some year since 1981. I bought a 1984 TA brand new off of the sales floor and still own it today.
3. How long have you owned your car?
I have owned this TA for about 2 1/2 years.
4. Where and how did you find your car?
I went to look at a white TA that was advertised in the local newspaper. The owner had 6 at that time and the 10th was one of his collection. My wife saw it and immediately fell in love with it. I liked the white one and so ended up buying both of them!
5. Is your car stock, restored, modified, or in between? If restored, tell
us about the restoration. If modified, what “mods” have been done?
Most of the car is stock, but it has had a cam and headers put on it, and also has had wheels and a new radio added....in that order.
6. Do you have any future plans for your car?
I plan on a repaint at some point in time but as of right now, it is fine like it is.
7. Do you attend shows/events/races with your car? Are you a member of any
We go to as many shows as possible. Our favorite events are the Bandit Run and the Trans Am Nationals in Ohio.
8. How many miles a year do you put on your car?
We probably put about 5000 miles a year on it if we take it on the Bandit Run.
9. Have you won anything with your car you're especially proud of?
We won 1st place at the Ban One show at the Summit in Atlanta for our class.
10. What's your fondest memory in/with your car?
I would have to say our fondest memory in this car so far is the Bandit Run we went on in May 2010. We took the car out on Daytona Beach for a photo shoot with HPP magazine, then in Orlando we took it out on the track at the Richard Petty Driving experience at the Walt Disney Speedway!
Want to see a FULL SIZE image???????
CLICK pictures for larger images
If you'd like to be the next Member Car of the Month click HERE, copy and paste that into MS WORD, fill it out, send it and 6-9 of your best pictures of your car to